Main Navigation

Yes, you may do all three!

The UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) is open to all California community college students. It offers guaranteed admission to one of six UC campuses (Davis, Irvine, Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz). Some majors are excluded and/or have specific GPA requirements, so be sure to check the updated TAG matrix for your application year. To apply, students should use the Transfer Admission Planner to complete their TAG application between September 1-30 for fall admission. Then, they should submit their UC application between October 1 through November 30. The major selected on the TAG application must be the same as the major selected on the UC application.

You may, but you are not required to. You will not be given consideration through those agreements unless the IVC Honors Program submits your certifications.

If you are an engineering or computer science major, you can still be TAP-certified. You would be considered first for your first-choice major (in the Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science); then, if you are not admitted for your first-choice major, you would receive priority consideration for admission to an alternate major within the College of Letters and Science. Common alternate majors for engineering or computer science majors include Applied Mathematics B.S. and Linguistics and Computer Science B.A.

Yes, as long as all requirements are met (e.g., all coursework is accurately reported; you are on track to meet major requirements, GPA requirements, Honors Program requirements; and you respond to any requests for information from the UC within a timely manner).

Your application in its entirety will be considered in the comprehensive review process, and students on track to complete IVC Honors Program requirements in good standing and who have an overall transferable GPA of 3.25 to 3.69 will receive special consideration in the evaluation of their transfer application through their participation in an academically selective honors program. If you are admitted to UCI, have completed the IVC Honors Program, and have at least a 3.5 UC transferable GPA, you are welcome to apply to join the UCI Campuswide Honors Collegium.

No. To qualify for Honors transfer agreements, Honors students must complete all 5 Honors courses (with a letter grade) by the end of spring prior to transferring.