Come Join Us and Make a Difference!
The Classified Senate at Irvine Valley College is an active governance group that provides classified professionals an opportunity to participate effectively in the college decision-making process. It enables classified employees to have a voice in college governance regarding issues that affect classified outside the scope of the collective bargaining process. Participation in IVC's Classified Senate stimulates awareness of and commitment to the college's Vision, Mission and Goals.
Classified Senate Mission:
The Classified Senate shall represent classified employees in the Irvine Valley College governance system and is intended to provide:
- A body representing the various opinions, needs, concerns, and viewpoints of the classified bargaining unit employees in all aspects of shared governance and decision-making at Irvine Valley College on matters that are not related to collective bargaining, contract negotiations, working conditions, and other related areas as addressed by the California School Employees Association (CSEA).
- A means through which the classified staff will coordinate with administration and faculty to provide equitable opportunities for participation in shared governance regarding college and business and classified representation on college and district wide committees.
- A body through which the professionalism of classified staff is articulated, valued, and respected.
- A means for enhancing the democratic process of informed decision-making.
- An opportunity to develop individual leadership.