Differences between Classified School Employee Association (CSEA) and the Classified Senate
|Membership||Elected from Classified Staff||Voluntary chapter membership for bargaining unit members|
|Affiliation||Irvine Valley College||Classified School Employees Association (CSEA)|
|Dues||None||Monthly union dues|
|Voluntary chapter membership for bargaining unit members|
|Voting||All full-time Classified Staff employees||All members who have joined the union|
- Participate in the shared governance structure of IVC.
- Provides a body representing the needs, concerns and viewpoints of the Classified Staff, other than union contract Issues.
- Provide a centralized means of communication between Classified Staff and the rest of the college community.
- Select from its constituency representatives to serve on governance and college committees.
- Articulate the professionalism of the Classified Staff so that it is properly recognized and valued.
- Provide an opportunity for enhancing the democratic process of governance at Irvine Valley College.
- Provide an opportunity to develop individual leadership among the Classified Staff, as well as increase the professional standards of its members (e.g., Staff Development).
- Promote and support activities that develop or increase the skills, productivity and professionalism of the classified staff (e.g., Staff Development).
- Wages, including salary schedule and placement, promotion, seniority layoff and reemployment rights. Initial classification and reclassification.
- Hours of employment, health and welfare benefits, Including holidays and vacations
- Leaves, transfers and reassignment policies. Including sick leaves, maternity leaves, bereavement leaves, military leaves, industrial accident leaves, personal necessity leaves, and unpaid leaves of absence.
- Safety conditions of Employment, including district- initiated disability leaves.
- Procedures to be used for the evaluation of employees.
- Procedures for processing grievances and disciplinary actions.
- Appoint Classified Staff to committees that are directly related to employee hiring.
- Any procedure that is defined in the contract shall be the responsibility of CSEA.