Professor Ishii established the Nadeshiko Scholarship in 2012, awarding over 25 students to date. The scholarship was created to award students learning Japanese and to promote the Japanese program. Individual donations fund this scholarship.
- Student who has taken or is taking any of the IVC Japanese courses, JA1-JA4, JA10, JA21, and JA23.
- GPA of 3.0 or above with good academic standing.
- Intent to continue studying Japanese either at IVC or other college/university.
- History of community service – volunteer activities in the past and/or current.
- When the IVC Scholarship Program is open, you can click the following link to apply Financial Aid Scholarship Program. Using this portal, you can apply for other IVC scholarships as well. The portal is open from November and closes in early February.
- After you fill out the form online, click on the Fumiko Ishii Nadeshiko Scholarship.
- The applications go through a two-step evaluation process, and the awardee(s) will be notified in April.