Purpose and Services
The Japanese Club serves as a cultural exchange club. It provides a social environment for both Japanese exchange students and students who are interested in Japanese culture and language.
For Japanese exchange students, the club provides a casual environment to meet with other Japanese students and with students who are interested in Japanese culture and language. It is a great opportunity to integrate more easily into the American society as they can socialize more freely outside the classroom setting.
For students who are interested in Japanese culture and language, the club’s activities provide them exposure to the Japanese culture and language, and actively engage them in learning about Japan while also making connections with other IVC students.
Goals of the Japanese Club:
- to provide an environment where all students can socialize and connect through Japanese culture.
- to provide interactive meetings that engage members in connecting and socializing with one another.
- to encourage members to become more open-minded to Japanese culture.
- to encourage members to become active in IVC activities.
- to provide themes at meetings that present Japanese culture in an engaging and fun way.
- to allow students to enhance leadership skills and social skills.
Officers & Advisor
Vice-President: Sho Miyamoto
Clerk: Natalie Navarro
Treasurer: Kyle Woo
ICC Rep.: Kai Fujiwara
Advisor: Takeshi Takakura
Club Status: Active