- Login by going to IVC.edu and clicking Canvas at the top of the page. If you log in another way, it can cause issues with some external tools in Canvas, including Proctorio. The URL should always start with 'canvas.ivc.edu'.
- You must be enrolled in a course to login to Canvas
- It takes a least 4-6 hours after registering for your first class for you to be able to login to Canvas
- It can take up to the first day of class for you to be able to log in. This is dependent on at least one of your enrolled courses being published by your instructor.
- Make sure to log in with your username and not your full IVC email. Your username is the part before the @ sign of student your email.
Ensure your computer and browser will work with Canvas
- What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?(external link)
- Which browsers does Canvas support?(external link)
Proctorio and Canvas
Proctorio is a remote proctoring tool integrated into Canvas quizzes that facilitates maintain the academic integrity of online exams. Proctorio enables instructors to select settings that manage how an online exam is proctored.
NOTE: The latest version of Windows 10, Microsoft Edge browser is supported by Canvas. Edge may not work with some Book Publisher sites you need to access via Canvas. We recommend using the Google Chrome browser.