GAP4+1 is a unique pathway program — a partnership between Irvine Valley College (IVC) and Cal State Fullerton (CSUF) — that will enable you to graduate with a bachelor’s degree in four years and a master's degree with one more additional year. CSUF’s School of Accountancy is highly acclaimed, with top employers heavily recruiting its graduates. CSUF is one of only five California universities that is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business in both accounting and business.
The GAP4+1 program is flexible and allows students to earn a master’s degree in either accountancy, taxation or accounting and finance. Students can obtain careers in accounting firms for assurance (audit), tax or consultancy; into private industry in the fields of planning, analytics, administration, controllership or finance; or into the worlds of asset management, banking, investment analyst, securities, and investment consultants.
Benefits of the GAP4+1 Program
- Guaranteed transfer to CSUF after two years at IVC
- Associate in Science Degree in Accounting and AS-T: Associate in Science for Transfer in Business Administration
- Early introduction to international firms as well as local firms who hire graduates from this program
- Ability to apply for paid internships while still at IVC
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting in 4 years
- Optional Master’s Degree in concentrations such as Taxation or Accountancy with 1 more year
- Membership into nationally recognized clubs and organizations such as the CSUF Accounting Society while still at IVC
- Mentorship Program at IVC
- Shared learning experience with cohort members
- Development of collaboration, leadership and teamwork skills
- Opportunity to meet and network with top accounting firms
- Attendance at specialized professional development workshops and events
- Ability to take honors courses to satisfy the GAP4+1 program course requirements
- A clearly-defined academic timeline and format with guaranteed seats in your classes
According to salary.com, the average starting salary for accounting graduates with a Bachelor’s degree in California is approximately $65,000 in 2021 and with a Master’s Degree it can increase by $5,000 to $8,000 per year.