Effective Fall 2014, California Community Colleges were required to adopt new registration priorities. Registration times are assigned based on academic standing, completed degree-applicable units, completion of matriculation, and other factors in the following order:
- LEVEL 1: College Students (excluding K-12 students)
— Criteria for LEVEL 1 »
- Have not been on academic or progress probation for their last two consecutive primary terms
- Completed all matriculation step by the deadline
- Completed less than 100 units (basic skills units are not counted in this total)
- Have a qualifying educational goal of:
- Obtain an Associate Degree and transfer
- Obtain an Associate Degree without transfer
- Transfer to a 4-year institution without a degree
- Obtain a vocational degree without transfer
- Discover career interests and plans
- Prepare for a new career
- Advance in current job
- Improve basic skills.
- Undecided( with less than 15 units and 3 term completed)
- Pre-Assigned Priority Groups
- Freshman Advantage
- LEVEL 2: Emeritus Students (excluding K-12 students)
- LEVEL 3: Continuing Students (excluding K-12 students)
— Criteria for LEVEL 3 »
- Completed 100 or more degree applicable units
- Been placed on academic probation
- Been placed on progress probation
- Declared educational goal of:
- Educational development
- Maintaining license or certificate
- Completing credits for HS Diploma or GED
- 4-year student taking courses to meet 4 year requirements
- Not completed all the matriculation steps/requirements by the Freshman Registration deadline or have been exempted from completed matriculation. Examples of exemptions include students who have already earned an associate degree or higher, or are currently attending a 4-year university.
- LEVEL 4: Concurrently Enrolled High School Students
Appeal Process for Priority & CA College Promise Grant
Students are required to submit only one appeal for both the Loss of Enrollment Priority and the Loss of California College Promise Grant. Students may appeal only under the following circumstances…
Eligibility Requirements for Registration Priority and/or California College Promise Grant:
- Students with disabilities who applied for reasonable accommodations, but did not receive those accommodations in a timely manner.
- Students who have made significant academic improvement where they meet the minimum grade point average (2.00 or higher) and/or progress standard (completed more than 50% of all units enrolled) to be removed from academic or progress probation.
- Students who have experienced extenuating circumstance (documented cases of accident, illness, or other circumstanced beyond the student control)
Eligibility Requirement for Registration Priority Only:
- Students who have exceeded 100 degree applicable units, but has not completed their declared program due to pursuing a high unit major
Eligibility for the California College Promise Grant only:
- Special consideration as a student receiving services from one or more of the following programs:
- Foster Youth
- Student has not enrolled at Saddleback College or Irvine Valley College for two consecutive semesters since becoming ineligible for the California College Promise Grant.
- Student was unable to obtain essential support services. A written statement of support from that support service must be submitted.
Students need to complete the Appeal for Loss of Registration Priority Loss of California College Promise Grant and submit the required documentation to the Office of Admissions and Records. Allow 5 business days for a decision.