Students' Rights & Responsibilities
Students at Irvine Valley College have the right to:
- Enroll in any course for which they have met the necessary and valid prerequisites established by the college
- Have access to written information that describes their rights and responsibilities in class schedules, catalogs, or other appropriate publications
- Participate in a matriculation process that is efficient so that they are encouraged to take part in college programs
- Avoid additional testing when appropriate alternate evidence can be provided.
Students at Irvine Valley College are responsible for:
- Establishing a broad educational intent upon admission and declaring a specific educational goal within a reasonable period of time after admission
- Diligently attending class and completing assigned coursework
- Participating in counseling or advisement when appropriate
- Considering the recommendations given by counselors and instructors
- Using support services as needed
- Completing courses and maintaining progress toward an educational goal according to standards established by the district.