The ELEVATE AAPI program was created by the Title 3 Department of Education Asian American, Native American, and Pacific Islander Serving Institution Grant awarded in 2015-2020. The next grant iteration, 2022-2027, has goals connected to academic, mental health, and career support.
The committee will provide consultation and support to the ELEVATE AAPI Program at IVC by doing the following:
- Collaborate on AANAPISI Grant programs, initiatives, and support services provided to students
- Develop and strengthen programs, workshops, and events for the campus community specifically addressing Asian, Pacific Islander, Desi, South West Asian, North African (APIDSWANA) student needs
- Encourage diverse APIDSWANA students to achieve academic, and career/technical educational success
- Increase completion of education goals of Asian and Pacific Islander groups
- Recruit and retain Asian and Pacific Islander faculty and staff to reflect the diversity of IVC’s student population
- Communicate the needs of APIDSWANA students to the campus and to the community
- Better incorporate APIDSWANA topics and concerns in IVC curriculum and campus programming
- Expand existing professional development and career enhancement opportunities and resources for APIDSWANA staff and faculty
The ELEVATE AAPI Advisory Committee meets the first and third Fridays of the month, from 1 – 2:15 pm, via Zoom.