To be eligible for Irvine Valley Promise, students must:
- Be a first-time college student*
- Be a California resident or eligible for residency waiver (AB540)
- Identify Irvine Valley College as "College of Record"
- Complete Steps to Become an IVC Student
- Enrolled in at least 12 units (full-time)
* No prior college attendance at IVC or any other institution. Dual/Concurrent enrollment students, Special Admit students, and other high school students who took college classes while still in high school are still eligible for the Irvine Valley Promise program.
To maintain Irvine Valley Promise eligibility, students must:
- Maintain Irvine Valley College as “College of Record”
- Submit a financial aid application (FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application) for both award years
- Remain enrolled in at least 12 units for fall and spring semesters
- Complete one 30-minute counseling appointment with an IVC Counselor each semester
- Take one English and one Math course in your first year (exceptions will be made for students pursuing certificates)
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA