Students removed from the Irvine Valley Promise program may appeal for re-admission. Below you will see two types of appeals and criteria. All students submitting an appeal must meet requirements of maintaining eligibility in order to be considered for an appeal.
You may select/submit ONE of the following appeal types:
- Progress Appeal: A special circumstance that caused or prevented you from maintaining eligibility during the current semester. Some examples include pandemic related issues, job loss, sudden non-emergency changes or incidents that impacted your daily life. Incoming students that would like to be considered for Spring semester admission can use this form too.
- Emergency Appeal: An extenuating circumstance or unforeseen circumstance beyond your control that has or may impact your progress in the Promise program in the future. Some examples of extenuating circumstances include, but are not limited to: personal illness, accident, serious family issue, death, and housing/food insecurity. These circumstances might have been so severe that you had to drop out for the semester.
Note: This is an appeal process for the Irvine Valley Promise Program, not for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG)
How To Submit an Appeal
The Promise program utilizes electronic forms for appeal submissions. The appeal form will require an active IVC account. You will need to sign in to NextGen using your MySite credentials.
- Select ONE of the following types of appeals:
- Enter your IVC credentials
- Enter the required information including:
- Written statement (required)
- Supporting documents that might help inform the appeal team (required for emergency appeal)
- Submit form once you have completed the appeal.
- Keep in mind that the appeal form times out in 45 minutes so make sure to submit before the countdown ends on the top right of the form.
Please allow two weeks for processing time. For additional guidance on which appeal to complete or inquire about your appeal status please contact email@example.com.