Join a community of students, faculty, and staff who self-identify as women, men, and persons of color. In every meeting, the experiences of people of color are intentionally centered, celebrated, and honored. We currently have two communities: Womxn of Color Collective (WoCC) and IVC Elevates Men of Color by Engaging and Embracing Solidarity (IVC EMCEES).
What Our Communities Offer
- Monthly meetings
- Opportunity to build community and friendships
- Mentorship relationships with IVC faculty and staff who self-identify as people of color
- Connection to community resources and scholarship opportunities
While these two groups function as self-identifying men of color and women of color groups, we encourage all students to join the group that they would feel most comfortable joining. Nonbinary, trans, and gender expansive students are expressly welcome in both groups and highly encouraged to join.
The WoCC is a group dedicated to building community and empowering self-identified womxn of color students, staff, and faculty. Womxn is used in place of “women” to be inclusive of all gender experiences surrounding femininity. Non-female-identifying students such as non-binary and gender expansive folks are explicitly invited and welcomed.
Join the Collective!
- Wednesday, Sept 21 | 3 - 4:30 pm | SAC 120 and via Zoom (Hybrid)
- Wednesday, October 19 | 3 - 4:30 pm | SAC 120 and via Zoom (Hybrid)
- Wednesday, November 16 | 3 - 4:30 pm | SAC 120 and via Zoom (Hybrid)
IVC EMCEES: IVC Elevates Men of Color by Engaging and Embracing Solidarity
IVC EMCEES is a male initiative for any student looking to build community with other students and campus community members. This initiative is supported by faculty, staff, and managers and focuses on student success and establishing camaraderie and brotherhood.
For more information or to join our email list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IVC EMCEES Meetings
Meetings will resume in the fall.