ASIVC is currently hosting elections for NINE (9) Senator positions.
Senators are the primary voting body for ASIVC. The Senate meets regularly throughout the academic year, only while classes are in session, during the fall and spring semesters. Regular attendance at Senate meetings is required of all voting officers. Meetings take place Fridays from 12:30 - 2:00 pm PST. Commitments include participation on college and district shared governance meetings, weekly legislative meetings, and ASIVC committee meetings.
Run for ASIVC Senate!
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FROM SEPTEMBER 12-16, 2022. Candidate campaigning begins September 22, 2022.
To be an eligible candidate, you must:
- Maintain continuous enrollment in nine (9) units of college work at Irvine Valley College during the Fall and Spring semesters, unless arrangements have been made with the DSPS Office and advisor.
- Have and maintain a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5 in all college units completed at Irvine Valley College.
- Have paid the ASIVC Access fee each semester once elected.
- Must complete Student Leadership Training, unless alternative arrangements are made with ASIVC Advisor.
- Attend one of the following Mandatory Candidate Orientation Meetings
- Monday, September 19, 2022: 10 - 11 am
- Tuesday September 20, 2022: 1 - 2 pm
Deadline to apply is Friday, September 16, 2022 at 5 pm.
IVC students are encouraged to attend this virtual forum to hear the candidates’ share why they should be your next ASIVC Senator.
- September 30, 2022
- Time: 3 – 4:30 pm
Vote for Your Next ASIVC Senator!
- Elections will be held online
- IVC students will receive a link to an online ballot through their IVC email account on file.
- Voting period will begin October 3, 2022 at midnight, and will end October 7, 2022 at 11:59 pm.