Ride the OC Bus to IVC, work, shopping, and the beach for FREE!
In order to address the lack of transportation as a barrier to student success, the Associated Students of Irvine Valley College (ASIVC) is supporting a free bus pass program for IVC students. This partnership with the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) will allow current full-time and part-time credit IVC students unlimited rides on all OCTA fixed-route buses for transportation to school, work, or other destinations.*
* Additional fare applies for OC Express & Express Routes
Irvine Valley College Distribution of OCTA Passes
The IVC College Pass Program provides each IVC student with a free bus pass. This program is supported by the Associated Students of Irvine Valley College (ASIVC). ASIVC is the official voice of the students of IVC.
To Get Started...
Download the OC Bus app OCTA has fully transitioned away from hard tickets for their college pass program into a new mobile application. Please follow the steps to help you with accessing your mobile bus pass. Be sure to follow each step closely:
- Download from the Apple or Google Play Store (look for the new OC Bus App icon).
- Follow on-screen prompts to set up an account.
- Download the OC Bus app on your mobile device.
- Create your account using your registered IVC email address. Your pass will appear in the “My Ticket” section.
- When you board the OC Bus, scan the pass on your mobile device.
OCTA hard passes are a temporary solution if students are unable to utilize the OCTA mobile app to board the bus. If pass/ticket is not showing on the app and a student is experiencing issues, please follow the steps below:
- Confirm that you are enrolled in MySite for the current academic term.
- If you just enrolled, please wait at least 72 hours for your pass to show up on the app.
- Call OCTA help line: 714-636-RIDE (7433).
- Wait at minimum of 72 hours to allow for OCTA to upload enrollment data.
The college has a limited number of hard ticket passes available for students who have exhausted the measures above. Please note that the Office of Student Life is unable to give access for the OCTA bus pass app as the system is overseen by OCTA. Per OCTA, the college may distribute hard tickets only if absolutely necessary; if issued, the hard ticket should only be used temporarily. Students need to speak with OCTA at the phone number above if they continue to encounter issues. If a student is still experiencing issues, please contact the Office of Student Life at email@example.com. Please allow seven business days for a response and processing.
- Enrollment does not guarantee immediate activation.
- Students should wait up to one week for the hard ticket to show up on their mobile device if they have recently enrolled.
- All hard tickets are distributed through IVC Student Payment Services (formerly known as the Bursar’s Office).
- Faulty hard pass issues: if a hard pass is not working, students should follow the same steps as outlined above.
Routes Directly to IVC...
For routes directly to IVC, a list of Frequently Asked Questions, and to plan your trip and more, visit OCBus.com/IVC.
Tips for Riding OC Bus
Check availability with the Transit App.
See if your bus has seats available by using the Transit App. This free digital mobile app will let you view the seating capacity of the buses on your route.
Plan ahead before you ride.
All adjusted OC bus routes and schedules can be found in the OCTA eBusBook.