- Veterans Crisis Line — If you are having thoughts of suicide, call 1-800-273-8255, then PRESS 1 or visit veteranscrisisline.net
- For emergency mental health care, you can also go directly to your local VA medical center 24/7 regardless of your discharge status or enrollment in other VA health care.
- Vet Centers — Discuss how you feel with other Veterans in these community-based counseling centers. 70% of Vet Center staff are Veterans. Call 1-877-927-8387 or find one near you.
- VA Mental Health Services Guide — This guide (PDF) will help you sign up and access mental health services.
- MakeTheConnection.net — maketheconnection.net provides information, resources, and Veteran to Veteran videos for challenging life events and experiences with mental health issues.
- RallyPoint — Talk to other Veterans online. Discuss: What are your feelings as the Taliban reclaim Afghanistan after 20 years of US involvement?
- VA's Self-Help Apps — tools to help deal with common reactions like stress, sadness, and anxiety. You can also track your symptoms over time.
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) — Request a Peer Mentor
- VA Women Veterans Call Center — Call or text 1-855-829-6636 (M-F 8 AM – 10 PM & SAT 8 AM – 6:30 PM ET)
- VA Caregiver Support Line — Call 1-855-260-3274 (M-F 8 AM – 10 PM & SAT 8 AM – 5 PM ET)
- Together We Served — Find your battle buddies through unit pages
- George W. Bush Institute — Need help or want to talk? Check In or call:1-630-522-4904 or email: email@example.com
- Elizabeth Dole Foundation Hidden Heroes — Join the Community
- American Red Cross Military Veteran Caregiver Network — Peer Support and Mentoring
- Team Red, White & Blue — Hundreds of events weekly. Find a chapter in your area.
- Student Veterans of America — Find a campus chapter to connect with.
- Team Rubicon — Find a local support squad.
This is a list of organizations that provide services and support to veterans. These organizations have been vetted by the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CALVET).
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs(VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.