Main Navigation

Any person who obtains an order of protection from California or any other state should provide a copy to the college police department, a Title IX Coordinator/Officer or Human Resources. At any time, an individual can contact the college police department to develop a safety action plan, which is a plan for campus police and the victim to reduce risk of harm while on campus.

The victim is required to apply directly for a legal order of protection, no contact order, or restraining order from the applicable jurisdiction(s). The District cannot apply for a court order on behalf of a victim.

The Superior Court of California, County of Orange » provides information about the various types of restraining orders and steps to obtain the following restraining orders:

  1. Emergency Protective Order
  2. Domestic Violence Restraining Order
  3. Civil Harassment Restraining Order
  4. Workplace Violence Prevention Restraining Order