All Irvine Valley College international students must purchase the approved insurance plan through Relation Insurance Services (SOCCCD Board Policy 5010). Other plans are not accepted. Health insurance must be purchased before class enrollment is allowed.
IVC is happy to offer a health insurance plan through CIGNA administered by Relation Insurance Services. CIGNA offers a wide network of doctors supported by strong benefit coverage for international students. This is an "accident and illness" policy which will cover injuries and illness sustained while in the USA.
For questions and assistance regarding your health insurance coverage, please visit the International Student Center. You may also visit the Health Center for questions related to health care referrals in the area.
- For information on How to Use Your Health Insurance, please see: How to Guide: Using Your Insurance Guide
- For instructions on how to log into the Member Portal, please see: Member Portal Instructions
- For the Plan Snapshot, please see: Health Insurance Snapshot 21-22
Purchasing Health Insurance
All international students are required to purchase the SOCCCD District approved health insurance plan prior to registration. Insurance can be purchased by visiting www.4studenthealth.com/ivc. Click on “enroll”; be sure to choose “2022-2023” to get the correct enrollment period. Students can purchase the “Annual” or “Fall Only” plan to register for the fall semester. * Students registering for the fall only plan will need to purchase the spring/summer plan in order to have access to spring 2023 registration.
The costs for the 2022-2023 health insurance are as follows:
|Health Insurance Plan:||Cost:|
|Annual Plan (8/1/22 - 7/31/23):|| $2244|
|Fall Only (8/1/22 - 12/31/23): *||$935|
|Spring/Summer (1/1/23 - 7/31/23):||$1309|
|Summer (5/1/23 - 7/31/23):||$561|
Please visit www.4studenthealth.com/ivc for more information and enrollment instructions. Once you have purchased the insurance, our office will receive an email of the receipt. The hold will then be lifted within 24 hours so that you can register.
Health insurance must be purchased before students can register for classes.
Helpful Insurance Resources
Printing a Duplicate Insurance ID card
Video on how to download your health insurance ID card
- www.4studenthealth.com/ivc and click on the “Downloading your ID Card” icon
Health Insurance Snapshot
- www.4studenthealth.com/ivc and click on the “Snapshot/Plan Overview” icon
- This provides a quick overview of your coverage, benefits and foreign language assistance contact information
How to Use Your Insurance Plan
- www.4studenthealth.com/ivc and click on the “How to Use your Plan” icon
- This provides instructions on how to access benefits, seek medical care and prescriptions and file claims
Foreign Language Assistance
- www.4studenthealth.com/ivc and click on the “Translation” icon at the bottom of the page
- Your health insurance offers assistance in various languages to assist you with your questions
Insurance Contact Information
Insurance Plan Partners
- Relation Insurance Services: 1-800-537-1777
For Claims Assistance:
- Wellfleet: 1-800-657-5030
To find a CIGNA provider (doctor, hospital, etc.), please visit:
- Call (877) 657-5030
- You can also visit the IVC Health Center in parking Lot 8 for referral. It is advised you visit the IVC Health Center first before seeking assistance off campus.
- How to video on “How to Find a Cigna Doctor” can be found at www.4studenthealth.com/ivc
To find an Express Scripts provider (prescriptions), please visit:
- (877) 640-7940