NextUp is a supplemental program of EOPS that provides community college students with a comprehensive array of services to promote college retention and degree attainment. The goal of the program is to equip students to not only achieve their personal and academic goals, but also to navigate any barriers to their success.
For current and prospective IVC students who are interested in joining the NextUp program, read below to learn more about eligibility requirements.
- In foster care on or after the student’s 13th birthday
- Under 26 years of age at the beginning of their first academic year in the program (students will not be exited out of the program after age 26)
- Enrolled in at least 0.5 units or more, with plans to work towards 9 units
- Provide a foster youth verification letter
- Academic and career counseling
- Priority registration
- Book vouchers
- Classroom supplies
- Scholarship and financial aid application (FAFSA) assistance
- Student Success Workshops
- Coordination of emergency housing, food, and transportation assistance, child care, and mental health services
How Do I Join NextUp?
If you determined that you may be eligible for NextUp and are interested in joining the program, follow the steps below so an FYSS team member can contact you and support you with next steps.
IVC Foster Youth Support Services
IVC also offers the Guardian Scholars Program which serves all current and former foster youth who are under the age of 35 and whose dependency was established or continued at any time by the court.