Purpose and Services
The IVC French Club was established in 2014. We are a group of French and Francophone culture and French language lovers. No previous knowledge of French is required. We also offer a home to IVC French speakers who want to stay in touch with other Francophones. Outside of the French language and French and Francophone culture, we take a special interest in cooking, cinema, art, games, music, sports, community building and traveling.
Club activities include:
- Student led summer conversation sessions to keep us practicing French over the summer break.
- Fall and Spring language and cultural focused events such as La Toussaint (the French equivalent of Halloween and Día de los Muertos), Mardi Gras, and La Chandeleur (crêpe day).
- Fall and Spring student led conversation sessions.
- French native speaker guests.
- French and other subjects with student-to-student tutoring.
- Attending French and Francophone events in the community.
- Attending extracurricular events in which our club members are involved for example: IVC Performance Arts Center events.
- Attending teaching focused events.
- Staying in touch with former IVC French students.
Join us! Whatever your interests and strengths are, we look forward to hearing from you and benefitting from your involvement in the French Club.
Contact Club »
Officers & Advisor
Vice-President: Dahlia Tarazi
Clerk: Tiffany Shu
Treasurer: Dylan Byer
ICC Rep.: Joe Pinedo Torres
Advisor: Anca Popescu
Club Status: Not Active