About Assembly Bill 104: Adult Education Block Grant Funding
South Orange County Community College District (SOCCCD) is the fiscal agent for Assembly Bill (AB) 104 Adult Education Block Grant Funding in a collaborative effort that brings together both Irvine Valley and Saddleback colleges and the five K-12 districts located within the SOCCCD boundary. These local consortia will focus on five program areas including:
- Elementary and secondary basic skills including classes for a high school diploma/equivalency
- Classes and courses for immigrants eligible for services in citizenship and English as a Second Language, and workforce preparation classes in basic skills.
- Education programs for adults with disabilities
- Short-term career technical education with high employment potential; and
- Programs for apprentices.
IVC will work with partners from within education and governmental agencies, and representatives of local community, business, and industry to develop adult education and training programs in response to current and emerging learning and workforce development needs.