Main Navigation

DO NOT contact the complainant. You may want to speak with someone in the campus community who can act as your support person. Dr. Martha McDonald, vice president for student services and Title IX officer, can explain IVC’s grievance procedures for addressing sexual harassment complaints. You may also want to seek confidential counseling through the Health and Wellness Center or seek support through off-campus services.

The  respondent may want to retain legal counsel given the potential for criminal and/or civil action.

The college’s primary relationship is to you, the student, and not to your parents. College officials will only speak with your parents at your request or when there is a significant threat to your health or safety.

Yes, it is against IVC’s sexual harassment policy (BP 5404 | AR 5404) to engage in any sexual activity with someone who is mentally or physically incapacitated, and therefore incapable of giving consent. Alcohol may cause such a state of incapacitation. However, it varies from person to person. For a variety of reasons it is not advisable to engage in sexual activity while intoxicated. When one or both parties are intoxicated, people tend to misinterpret another’s sexual intentions and often proceed before the issue of consent has been clarified.