Irvine Valley Promise presents the Student Success Certificate to empower IVC students to successfully engage with their new college community and build awareness of the resources and opportunities available to help them successfully reach their goals. The Student Success Certificate entails completion of a combination of academic supports, workshop attendance, and participation in other campus activities.
To receive the Student Success Certificate of Completion students must:
- Attend six (6) or more Student Success workshops (attend a minimum of one workshop per category, see below)
- Complete a My Academic Plan (MAP)
Student Success Certificate Workshops
Free Student Success workshops are available throughout the semester for students interested in improving their academic and personal performance. These workshops cover a variety of topics, including organization and goal-setting, stress and time management, and career exploration; as well as general studying, note-taking and test-taking strategies.
Why complete the Student Success Certificate?
- Exposure to campus events and activities
- Opportunity to engage with faculty and peers
- Develop college success strategies
- Build experience for your resume
- Competitiveness for university transfer applications