- Children are welcome to visit the library, but do not leave them unattended.
- The library is not responsible for their safety.
- Unattended children under the age of 13 will be referred to Campus Police.
- District residents over 18 years of age.
- Members of the local community can pay $20 for 12 months of access to the IVC library.
- Community card holders can check out 4 items at a time and use the library computers.
- Students are required to log in to all campus computers.
- Computer facilities are for educational and research purposes only.
- Please do not play games or chat.
- If there are other students waiting to use a computer, please limit your session to 60 minutes.
- Rules for the computer commons are posted in the computer commons area.
NOTICE WARNING CONCERNING COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
eCigarettes & Vape Pens are treated the same as real cigarettes and are not permitted anywhere in the library or on campus.
Please contact the IVC Librarians for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-451-5266.
|Item Type||Loan Period||Overdue Fines||Max Overdue|
|Books (stacks)||3 weeks||$0.25 per day||$15.00|
|Audio Visual||3 weeks||$0.25 per day||$15.00|
|Textbook Reserves||Varies||$1.00 per hour||$50.00|
|Calculators, headsets, marker sets, other special reserve items||$1.00 per hour||$50.00|
Your IVC or Saddleback student ID card, or a government-issued photo ID is your IVC Library card. You must present your IVC or Saddleback ID card, or a government-issued photo ID, and be currently enrolled in classes in order to check out library materials.
If you lose your ID and someone else uses it, you are responsible for materials checked out with your ID. If you lose your ID, report it to the library and campus police as soon as possible.
- Lost materials must be paid for by the person to whom they are checked out.
- If an item is lost or damaged, students must pay the replacement cost of the item plus a $15 processing fee. Please visit the library Circulation Desk for assistance.
- If the item is found and returned to the library after the replacement fee has been paid, the patron may be refunded the fee less the $15 processing fee.
All current SOCCCD students may check out materials up to a maximum of 50 items.
Type of materials available for checkout:
- Books, CD-ROMs, Music CD's, DVDs - 3 weeks
- Open Reserve Textbooks - 1 week
- Textbook Reserves - Loan period varies
- Calculators, headsets. marker sets, other special reserve items - Loan period varies
- Magazines, Newspapers - Do not check out
In order to make your visit to the library more productive, please observe the following regulations:
- Turn off all phones.
- No food or drink in the building.
- If you must talk, please keep your voice down.
- When listening with headphones, please keep the volume down so you don’t disturb others
Items may be renewed two times. Renewals can be made by phone, online, or in person. Please note that renewals are not guaranteed. No renewals are allowed for items with existing requests or holds. Item(s) that are not renewed will need to be returned by the due date. Overdue fines will be assessed for late returns.
Reserves are items given to the library by faculty for use by their students, such as sample exams, texts, etc.
- They are held behind the check-out desk (Circulation Desk).
- You must be an IVC student and have a valid IVC or Saddleback ID card or government-issued photo ID to use reserves.
- Most reserves can only be used in the library.
- There is a fee of $1.00/hour on all late reserve items.
- The library does not provide school supplies (pens, paper, white-out, etc.) to students. A hole-puncher, paper cutter and scissors are available near the computers on the first floor.
- Scantrons and a small number of other supplies are available in the vending machine near the front entrance.
For any outstanding library items, an academic hold will be placed on the student’s record preventing students from registering for classes, obtaining transcripts, receiving a copy of grades as well as renewing and checking out library items. Upon return of overdue material or payment of lost replacement charges, the ‘hold’ will be released.
- The library has five study rooms available for groups of students to use.
- Each must be reserved by contacting the library's reference desk or by going online to the "Reserve a Group Study Room" link.
- They are available on a first come first served basis and can be reserved up to two weeks in advance.
- There is one study room that is dedicated for DSPS student use. This study room can be reserved through the DSPS office for up to two hours. All students using this room should have a red DSPS room reservation form with them.
- Please watch your valuables. Do not leave books, purses, backpacks, or any other personal items unattended. They may be stolen.
- In order to prevent the theft of books and library materials, state law authorizes the detention for a reasonable period of any person using these facilities suspected of committing “library theft” (penal code section 490.5).