Main Navigation

Do I have to wear a mask inside?

Due to a continued decline in COVID-19 cases in Orange County, SOCCCD lifted the campus indoor mask requirement. While masks are no longer required in indoor spaces, we continue to recommend wearing a mask while in public indoor spaces or whenever indoors and around others not in your household. 

Do I have to wear a mask outside?

Masks are not required outdoors.

What should I do if I feel sick?

If you feel sick, stay or go home to keep yourself and others safe. Check your syllabus or contact your instructor to find out what to do to stay on top of your missed class.

What health and safety precautions will be in place?

In our commitment to the health and safety of our campus community, we will continue to ask students, faculty and staff to self-monitor for COVID symptoms and stay home if they are feeling sick. IVC will continue enhanced cleaning and sanitization practices throughout campus. Hand-washing stations, hand sanitizer, and sanitizing wipes will be available in learning spaces throughout campus. IVC asks that you keep yourself and classmates safe by cleaning surfaces such as keyboards and desks before and after use.

Where can I find more information about the return to campus?

Go here to view the full Return to Campus guide.

How can I get updated COVID-19 information about IVC?

We will continue to provide regular updates through email and on the IVC COVID-19 website. It is also important to take time to review the updated Student Return to Campus Guide.

We will continue to work with the COVID-19 response team and policy group to monitor case rates, positivity rates, and hospitalization data; to update recommendations for on-campus safety protocols as necessary; and to adjust course offering modality based on established community spread thresholds.

Are food and beverage services available on campus?

IVC offers a pop-up lunch restaurant experience from FOODA under the Student Services Center (SSC) awning across from the Hart Gym. Additional seating is available upstairs on the SSC patio, as well as inside the IVC Cafeteria.

Download the Fooda mobile app to order and pay for your food. Visit the IVC Food and Beverage website for hours and additional information, as well as information on the coffee cart, beverage, and snack vending.

Do I need a parking permit?

IVC will offer free parking through the end of Spring Semester 2022 for IVC students, staff, faculty, and visitors. Parking permits are currently not required. However, all other regulations will still be enforced, such as not parking on red curbs, in disabled spaces without a placard, on roadways, or overnight.

While time-restricted (green curbed) parking spaces do not require a permit, vehicles parked there will be subject to the time limitation of the marked space.

Does IVC offer a free bus pass?

IVC participates in the OCTA College Pass Program. This program will allow any full- or part-time credit student to ride free with a student ID on all OCTA bus routes. Please visit IVC Student Life – OC Bus Pass for more information.

I need a laptop for school. What should I do?

IVC has a laptop loan program and we are ready to assist you.

How do I get free or reduced-cost internet access?

Many service providers are providing internet access free of charge or at a reduced rate. You can learn more here.

What other kinds of help are available to me? I have other needs.

Visit our Student Resources Page to learn more about available assistance, which includes things like free food, free textbooks, and how to register for unemployment.

How do I access my classes online?

Online learning may be conducted through Canvas, Zoom, or email. Your instructor will let you know the specifics; be sure to check your IVC email daily and set yourself up to receive Canvas and email notifications.

Who should I contact if I have questions about my class?

If you have questions about your class and how to participate in it using Canvas, please contact your instructor, who can provide this information. Your instructor's contact information can be found on your course syllabus.

If you need help learning how to use Canvas, log into Canvas for tutorials you can watch for assistance. If you or someone you know has questions or concerns about technology, or with accessing your class online, visit Technology Services. You can also call the Canvas support line at 844-600-4954.

I am an international student. How do I get help?

For general questions, academic counseling appointments, or appointments with our international student advisors, please call the International Student Program at 949-451-5414 or email at Calls and emails will be returned within 24 hours during regular business hours. Please be sure to leave your name, student ID number, and telephone number. You also can visit the International Student Program website.

My professor is not responding to me. What can I do?

Please email the appropriate department chair or dean to see what options you have. They will try to respond back to you within one to two business days to assist you. To view a list of department chairs and deans, visit Catalog – Academic Schools/Instructional Offices.

What should I do if I have a harassment-related issue to report?

To report an issue related to sex discrimination, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and retaliation, email Marco Caamal, Jr, College Compliance Support Specialist.

For more information, visit Title IX FAQs.

How do I file for or receive my degree or certificate?

Irvine Valley College has started an automatic degree/certificate awarding process. If you qualify for one or more degrees and/or certificates, you may receive a notification that you are being awarded with them. No application is necessary! You could be eligible for degrees or certificates in your primary program of study and/or additional programs that you qualify for.

However, to ensure that the degree or certificate is awarded and posted, students are encouraged to apply through MySite for conferral during their final semester. Official transcripts for any prior work must be on file at the time you apply for your degree or certificate for the coursework to be considered.

Please note that this process does not take into account courses taken outside of the district or in-progress courses being taken in the current semester. For these cases, you will need to submit necessary transcripts to Admissions and Records and manually apply for the relevant degrees and certificates.

For more information about automatic degree/certificate awarding, visit Graduation Degree.

I am interested in the Freshman Advantage program. What do I need to know?

Designed for new students who have never attended college, IVC's Freshman Advantage Program gives students the opportunity to apply early, receive an early Freshman Advantage registration time, and enroll in courses ahead of most currently enrolled IVC students.

The deadline to become eligible for Freshman Advantage occurs each spring prior to the fall semester in which you would start at IVC. Visit the Freshman Advantage website to learn more.

How do I apply to IVC?

Applying to IVC is free and easy. View the steps to apply here.

How do I submit my transcripts?

Email your high school transcripts to Include your full name and IVC student ID, if you have one.

I am an international student. How do I obtain my F-1 visa?

International students seeking an F-1 visa should visit this site for application instructions.

When did the COVID-19 vaccine requirement go into effect?

The COVID-19 vaccine requirement went into effect January 10, 2022.

How do I demonstrate proof of vaccination?

Click on this link to securely enter your vaccination information or state-provided QR code in order to attend a Summer and/or Fall 2022 In-Person or Hybrid class at Irvine Valley College, Saddleback College, ATEP or any satellite location.

  • You will need your college email address to log-in to the vaccination upload site.

The Colleges continues to encourage all individuals to be vaccinated even if they will not be on-site at Irvine Valley College, Saddleback College, or ATEP locations. Vaccination against the virus that causes COVID-19 is a critical step for protecting the health and safety of our communities and ending the pandemic.

The vaccine verification site is asking me to enter the Lot Number of my vaccine. Where do I find this?

The lot number is on the QR coded state record as well as your vaccine card. To locate it on your QR code, press “details” below the QR code. On your vaccine card, it will be hand-written in by your vaccine provider.

Does the Board Policy require vaccination for all students or only those who participate in on-site activities?

Beginning in Spring 2022, in accordance with Administrative Regulation 5210, the requirement to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (or to submit a request for a medical or religious exemption) applies to students taking in-person and hybrid classes at the Colleges, ATEP, and adult students at satellite locations. The vaccine requirement also applies to students who want to receive scheduled services 30 minutes or longer at the Colleges or ATEP.

The Colleges continue to encourage all individuals to be vaccinated even if they will not be on-site at Irvine Valley College, Saddleback College, or ATEP locations this spring. Vaccination against the virus that causes COVID-19 is a critical step for protecting the health and safety of our communities and ending the pandemic.

Is this a one-time requirement or will I be required to get boosters or annual shots?

This is a permanent policy. Infectious disease experts anticipate that annual or more frequent boosters will be necessary, and receipt of boosters will be required, consistent with product labeling, in the same way that the initial vaccination is required by this policy and subject to the same exceptions and deferrals.

How can students get vaccines? Will the College offer vaccinations?

No, vaccinations are not available at the Colleges health centers. The Colleges encourage students and their families to look for opportunities near their homes to be vaccinated, such as at local pharmacies. All people ages 5 and above across the United States are now eligible to receive a vaccine.

In California, you may also seek a vaccination appointment online at by calling 1-833-422-4255 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm or Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to 5 pm.

The OC Health Care Agency (HCA) has launched a new feature on the Othena platform that will streamline the process for any and all interested individuals, groups, employers and businesses to request an on-site, mobile COVID-19 vaccination service. To begin the application process, individuals can visit the “Mobile Vaccine Service” section of the

City of Irvine provides a list of resources to receive your COVID-19 vaccine in Orange County, Irvine, and surrounding areas. You may also visit to find vaccines near you.

What does “fully vaccinated” mean? Does it refer to one or two shots depending on vaccine?

A person is considered “fully” vaccinated” when two weeks have passed since they completed a COVID-19 vaccine series (for example, 1 dose of the Janssen/J&J vaccine, or 2 doses within no more than 12 weeks of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine) as well as any boosters consistent with manufacturer’s instructions and applicable agency approval, authorization, or listing.

Will I be dropped if I’m not “fully vaccinated”?

Students who do not verify their vaccination status by the stated deadline, which is communicated to students via college email, will be dropped from any In-Person or Hybrid classes in which they have enrolled. However, students may register for fully online classes.

Are medical and religious exemptions allowed?

Yes. Requests for an exemption based on a verified medical condition or sincerely held religious belief are allowed. Students whose requests are pending or have been granted will still be subject to special requirements such as weekly testing and/or other safety measures as required by the Colleges.

Where do I request a medical or religious exemption?

If you would like to request a COVID-related vaccine exemption for your personal medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, please click here to complete and submit the exemption request form. Once your form is submitted, you will be contacted by email regarding the next steps in your process.

Will a vaccine that is under emergency use authorization and not final FDA approval satisfy the requirement?

Yes, all COVID-19 vaccines offered under emergency use authorization (EUA)—or full approval by the FDA, as granted to Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine on August 23, 2021—will satisfy the vaccination requirement.

Where can I find free testing?

At IVC COVID Clinic will be providing testing free services. The testing kiosk is located in front of the Health and Wellness Center located in Lot 8.
Registration is offered through

Students can look online for low-to-no cost testing sites in their local communities. Google “free COVID testing” or check this website: for testing locations in Orange County.

What if I can’t find free testing, and I can’t afford tests?

Contact the Financial Aid Office for assistance: Phone 949-451-5287or email

I’m required to test two times a week to attend in-person classes, but I can’t find anywhere to get tested. Can I get tested at IVC?

COVID Clinic is now providing free testing services to exempt students. At IVC, the testing kiosk is located in front of the Health and Wellness Center located in Lot 8. Registration will be through Testing is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm. Students may continue to test twice-weekly at an external location if they choose and must notify the Health and Wellness Center of their twice-weekly testing results to be allowed to attend in-person/hybrid classes. Results can be dropped off at the IVC Health and Wellness Center or faxed to 949-451-5687. For questions, please contact If you are absent, you are still required to provide testing results to the Health and Wellness Center two times per week. All POSITIVE results must also be sent to the Health and Wellness Center.

On campus testing will be available in front of the Health and Wellness Center located in Lot 8 on campus.

What type of COVID-19 test is allowed/required?

Students should obtain either a COVID PCR or Rapid Antigen test from a State approved laboratory. The test should be printed on the letterhead of the approved facility, and certified with results from a Medical Doctor or lab. Over-the-counter/home tests will not be accepted.

How do I submit test results?

State-approved test results must be submitted within 24 hours of receiving the result directly to Irvine Valley College Health & Wellness Center located in Lot 8, open Monday- Friday from 8:00 am-4:30 pm.

When am I required to get tested?

Students are required to test two times per week, Monday – Friday only (no weekend tests will be accepted), on non-consecutive days. It is suggested that students test on Monday and Thursday of each week to avoid being dropped on Friday end of business day and should test prior to going to class.

What happens if I miss one of my tests?

If a student misses the Monday test, they can test on Tuesday. If a student misses the Thursday test, they can test on Friday. If students do not comply with a required week of testing, the student is subject to being disenrolled (dropped) from in-person/hybrid classes by end of business day each Friday.

What if I get caught up on my COVID-19 tests after I’ve been dropped from a class?

Once a student has been dropped from a class, they are not eligible to be added again. Testing is the responsibility of the student who has requested and received an exemption from being vaccinated. Failure to abide by the protocols of testing may result in the student being dropped from all in-person or hybrid classes at any time during the semester.

If my professor allows me to miss 1 or 2 classes for a personal reason, do I still have to provide test results for that week?

Yes, all students must abide by the testing requirements of SOCCCD.

What happens if I get a positive COVID-19 test result?

Notify the Health and Wellness Center Nurse Line immediately: 949-451-5687
If student is approved to test on campus, student will be notified of positive result and must leave campus immediately. Quarantine is currently a minimum of 10 days to remain off campus or longer if still symptomatic. Student must be cleared by the Health and Wellness Center before returning.

Please see CDC Guidelines for additional information.

After testing positive, am I still required to perform twice-weekly tests?

The CDC is stating you need an antigen test at least five days after testing positive then wear a mask continuously for a second five days. It is possible to test positive for 30-90 days after a positive test. We do require you to Health Screen at the Health and Wellness Center before attending class twice weekly during this time frame.

Will the Colleges accept internationally approved vaccines even if not authorized or approved in the United States?

Yes, if the vaccine authorized by the World Health Organization(WHO).

The World Health Organization (WHO) has developed a processfor assessing and listing unlicensed vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics during a public health emergencies. Through that process, a number of vaccines not available in the United States have received Emergency Use Listing (EUL). A document summarizing the status of a wide range of international vaccines can be found online on the WHO’s website(click on link to status of COVID-19 vaccines in the EUL/PQ evaluation process). The University will, consistent with CDC and CDPH guidance, accept proof of full vaccination with any international vaccine that has been authorized for emergency use by WHO through the EUL process. People who have completed a COVID-19 vaccination series with one of these vaccines do not need additional doses with an FDA licensed or -authorized COVID-19 vaccine, at least initially (but may be subject to subsequent booster requirements). Those who are not fully vaccinated generally will be required to receive an FDA-licensed or -authorized vaccine no less than 28 days after their last international vaccination (but may consult with the Location Vaccine Authority or designee to discuss eligibility for a temporary medical exemption). In the interim, they will be treated as if they are not fully vaccinated.

I was vaccinated in a country where the government increased the time between first and second vaccines longer than US labeling. Do I have to be revaccinated?

No. If you have proof of completing a series of any FDA-licensed or FDA- or WHO-authorized vaccine consistent with your country’s implementation, you will be considered to have been fully vaccinated.

What if I experience flu-like symptoms as a result of the vaccine, and I cannot attend classes?

Students should contact their faculty/instructors regarding minor illnesses or disability services to address any significant issues.

I am at high risk for severe illness if I contract COVID-19 (e.g., immunocompromised) and even though I have been vaccinated, I know that no vaccine is 100% effective. Do I have to come to campus if there are some students that are not vaccinated? What accommodations will be made for me?

You don’t have to come to campus. You have the option of enrolling in fully online courses.

How will enforcement work for failure to comply with the vaccination policy?

Students who fail to participate by being vaccinated or requesting an exemption will be disenrolled (dropped) from in-person/hybrid classes and may register for fully online classes only.

Who do I contact at IVC if I have additional questions?

You may direct your questions or inquires to the Office of Student Services via email at