COVID-19 Updates & Resources

March 11, 2020 - 8 am

For Immediate Release: 
Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Members of the IVC community, we understand your concerns related to COVID-19. We have a COVID-19 Response Team that has been actively and aggressively working in preparation for a partial or "soft" campus closure should such a decision ultimately occur. However, at this time the college remains open.

A partial or "soft" closing of the college would mean that the majority of coursework would take place remotely between faculty and students. The remainder of the college would remain open, services to students would continue, the library and computer lab support would remain open.

IVC faculty have been asked to begin immediate preparations for a potential "soft closure" in order to be prepared should such a decision be made. To be clear, a decision to partially close the college has not yet been made. Such a decision, if it were to occur, would be made collaboratively between IVC leadership, Chancellor Kathleen Burke, and the Orange County Health Care Agency. Until such a decision is made, we will redouble our efforts in preparation for a "soft" closing. Spring break is just two days away. We will use this time to continue to prepare and assess.

We got this...Together Forward!

Cindy Vyskocil, Ed.D.
Acting President
Irvine Valley College