Students with children, IVC is committed to your success! Here you will find lots of resources and support made for you and your family.
Students with Children are defined as any student who has a child under 18 years of age who will receive more than half of their support from that student Ed Code Section 66025.81(b)
Special Support for You and Your Children
Did you know that as a student with children you may be eligible for priority registration, additional financial aid, and specialized support programs directly through IVC as well as the greater community?
OC Diaper Bank at Community Action Partnership
Irvine Valley College has partnered with the OC Diaper Bank at Community Action Partnership to provide support for our parenting students. Through this service, students can receive up to 75 free diapers or pull-ups per child per month!
To request diapers, please fill out the request form. Once your request is approved, a Basic Needs staff member will contact you to schedule an appointment for pickup.
Priority Registration Information
Effective for Fall 2023 registration (beginning in May), students with children will be eligible for priority registration. Qualifying students are those who have a child or children under 18 years of age who will receive more than half of their support from that student.
What is priority registration?
Registration appointment priority grouping allows different student populations to receive an early registration date and time based upon their academic status, orientation and placement status, and student group status. Irvine Valley College assigns registration appointments based on compliance with California Education Code Title 5 Code of Regulations for Community Colleges and SB 1456 Student Success Act.
How can students with children get priority registration?
We are currently working to develop ways of identifying students with children and will provide further information here when it is available.
Resources at IVC
- Get help paying for college: Financial Aid
- Priority Registration
- Additional resources for single parents through CARE Program
- Additional support for those receiving CalWORKs Cash Aid
- Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS)
- Re-Entry Program for students aged 25 and older
- Support to overcome non-academic obstacles: IVC Basic Needs
- Get snacks and groceries from the Food Resource Center
- IVC Emergency Relief Fund
- Get a laptop loan or earn one to keep forever: Learn to Earn Laptop Loan Program
- Request a personal appointment with a resource specialist at IVC
- Build community and a sense of belonging: Office of Student Equity
- Resources and support for Pregnant Students
- Resources and support for students with newborns