Paper and Online Proctored Exams
The Testing Center offers flexible hours with a secure environment for all your testing needs.
Attending another university or college?
You can now specify the IVC Testing Center as a site to administer your exams for distance education courses.
How do I set up a Test?
1. Contact your university or college distance education department. They will typically want a contact person at IVC to send the exam to. The contact person for IVC is:
5500 Irvine Center Drive, Room A-3TC
Irvine, CA 92618
2. Contact IVC at the above telephone number or email address to let us know that you would like to take your proctored examinations at our testing site.
3. Once your exam arrives, you can schedule an appointment to take your exam(s).
The Testing Center has provided test proctoring services for over 100 institutions and agencies in the past year. Some of these institutions that trust and rely on our services include:
- Arizona State University
- Brigham Young University
- Columbia College
- Golden Gate University
- Harvard University
- Michigan State University
- New York University
- North Carolina State University
- Park University
- Penn State University
- Purdue University
- Texas Tech
- University of Berkeley
- University of Florida
- University of Nebraska
- Utah State University
- Western Governors University
Is there a fee for this service?
The proctor fees for (non-certification) exams are:
Exams up to 2 hours = $25.00
Exams over 2 hours = $40.00
Fees are paid at the start of the exam preferably by check made out to IVC.
NOTE: IVC students with current Student ID qualify for reduced rates of $15 and $30 for IVC tests.
Special accommodations must be submitted to the testing center in writing by your professor or school prior to your exam.
What do I bring to my test appointment?
- Photo Identification
- Payment for test: CASH (exact change please) or Check (made out to IVC) ONLY.
- Credit Cards are NOT Accepted.
- Please check with your instructor for testing requirements.
- If you do not have a parking permit, bring $2 cash to use in our parking permit dispenser.
*Please note that personal items including but not limited to: cell phones, wallets, hats, watches, car keys, and food/drink are not permitted in the testing room.