The Irvine Valley College Testing Center is pleased to offer the 2014 GED exam. The GED is administered through one of our testing partners, Pearson Vue and is done entirely on the computer. Testers now have the luxury of choosing whether to take the exam in its entirety in one day, or spread it out over several days.
Important Information regarding GED Testing:
You MUST be a California resident in order to take the GED in California. If you do not have a CA driver’s license or CA State ID, when you arrive for your test you will be required to show proof of California residency in one of the following ways:
- DMV registration
- Voter registration
- Lease Agreement
- State and Federal Tax returns
- Utility Bill
- Bank Statement
- Marriage License
- Other Government-Issued Documentation (City, County, and State)
The document(s) must be under the tester’s name as it is registered with GED AND it must have their California address. If you are a minor, it is NOT acceptable to have any of these documents be in your parent/guardian’s name. The documents MUST be in the tester’s name or you will not be admitted to your test.
- To register for the GED, create a profile at www.ged.com and complete the registration process though the website. You can choose your appointment day and time based upon our testing center’s availability within our hours of operation.
- The GED has 4 modules and can be taken all in one day or spread out over the course of separate days.
- The fee is $35 per module for a total of $140 for the complete GED exam.
- You will be taking your exam individually on an assigned computer here at our testing center.
- Once you are completed with your exam, you will receive a handout with further instructions for accessing your scores and certificate. The IVC Testing Center does not have access to official scores, results, or certificates.
- Have further questions? Call GED Testing Service at 1-877-392-6433.