Frequently Asked Questions
The Career & Job Placement Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Center, Room 230.
- College Central Network, a computerized job network that works with employers and Irvine Valley College, listing full and part-time job opportunities is coming soon. These opportunities are available to students in the Career Center. This can be accessed by using monster.com.
- Students are encouraged to work in their major field of study while in school, so they can gain knowledge that will benefit them in their job search after graduation.
- On-campus student employment (Student Aide) Workstudy, a form of financial assistance is available by inquiring in Financial Aid and EOPS offices located on the lower level of the Student Center.
- Resume assistance for students who are actively seeking employment through the Career Center is available by attending a Resume Workshop presented by Laura U'Ren, Career Placement Officer (see Calendar of Events or Timeline for dates and location). Individual resume review can be scheduled by appointment.
- Career Center workshops topics include: Resume Development for the Job Seeker, Job Readiness, Job Search Strategies, Interview Basics and Mock Interviewing (see IVC Calendar of Events). To sign up for a workshop see the Career Center home page and click on esars.
- Career /Job Fairs are offered during the year (see Calendar of Events for dates).
- Various on-campus recruiting opportunities are offered with local area employers (Student Center Courtyard)
- Books, publications, videos, and literature, pertaining to job search techniques and personal improvement
- Information on job search websites.