Irvine Valley College Scholarship Program
Instructions for 2014-2015 Application
DEADLINE: February 10, 2015
- Please complete the IVC Scholarship application form, the active link can be found at the end of these guidelines. Fill in the required information and submit by 10:59 p.m. (PST), Friday, February 10, 2015.
- HANDWRITTEN APPLICAITON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Fill in every space. If a question does not apply to you write "Not Applicable" or "N/A".
- An ASIVC card must be purchased for ASIVC scholarship Consideration.
- You will have completed at least 12 units with a letter grade at IVC by the end of the fall semester of 2014.
- You will complete a minimum of 6 units during the fall 2014 and minimum of 6 units in the spring 2015 semester and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- You have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
CONTINUING OR TRANSFERRING?
Apply as a CONTINUING student if you plan on returning to IVC in the fall of 2015.
Apply as a TRANSFER student if all of the following apply:
- You plan on transferring to a four-year college, or to a program not offered at IVC where a certificate or degree can be received. You will be transferring the following school year and can provide evidence of that transfer.
- You have completed at least 24 units at IVC.
Please Note: You cannot receive a Transferring Student Scholarship at IVC if you have received one here in the past.
Two (2) Letters of Recommendation are required for the IVC Scholarship Program. Please submit via the STARS Application System. IVC faculty members are preferred for recommendations. High School teachers, advisors, and employers are acceptable. Please get prior approval from your recommenders prior to submitting their email addresses below.
HOW WE EALUATE SHOLARSHIPS
- The General Scholarship Committee is responsible for evaluating each year's scholarships. This committee is comprised of 30 individuals including faculty, staff, administrators and community volunteers.
- General Scholarship applications are evaluated on the application form, Recommendation Letters and other supporting documents.
- No student is guaranteed a scholarship in this process, as we have many more applicants than scholarships available.
RECEIVING YOUR AWARD
At the end of April you will receive a letter informing you if you have been selected to receive a scholarship. The Scholarship ceremony will be held in May.
- If you are receiving a scholarship, we encourage you to attend. Please mark your calendar for this event.
- After the Awards Program, you will receive a letter explaining the steps for receiving your scholarship(s).
- Be sure that you meet the spring unit and GPA requirements as stated in the General Guidelines section. If transferring provide documentation of acceptance. The IVC Foundation office will verify this information, and disbursements will be mailed to the Transferring institution.
- Please remember to send Thank You notes to your donor.
CHECK OFF LIST
Please use the list below to make sure that you have completed and submitted all parts of the application.
- Personal Essay
- Faculty Recommendations (2)
IVC Scholarship Application can be found below: