Who Qualifies for Financial Aid?
To receive aid, you must:
- Prove financial need based on Federal and State guidelines
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Meet US Selective service requirements
- Be enrolled as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate
- Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Be making satisfactory academic progress
- Not be in default on any federal or state education loan or owe a grant refund
How do I apply for Financial Aid?
There are several financial aid programs available to IVC students. Please see the Financial Aid Programs
page for program descriptions.
The FAFSA form is used to determine eligibility for all state and federal financial aid. You must file your FAFSA online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
. The website has valuable information including detailed instructions for the form. This is the quickest way to find out if you qualify.
|IMPORTANT NOTES: |
- The IVC Federal School Code is 025395.
- Before you fill out your form, go to the Before Beginning a FAFSA page for helpful instructions.
How do I Apply for a Federal Direct Loan?
If you want to apply for a student loan, you must:
- File a FAFSA (see above)
- Have a complete financial aid file
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units
- Complete a Loan Entrance Counseling test online.
- Complete a Master Promissory note online.
- Complete a Federal Direct Loan Request Form.
Fee Waiver Eligibility