Irvine Valley College
Instructions for 2014-2015 Application
DEADLINE: March 3, 2015
To apply for an IVC scholarship, please complete the IVC Scholarship Application. The link to the application can be found at the end of these guidelines. Fill in the required information and submit by 11:59 p.m. (PST) Tuesday, March 3, 2015.
HANDWRITTEN APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- To apply for any scholarship, all three of the following criteria must apply to you:
- You must have completed at least 12 units with a letter grade at IVC by the end of the Fall 2014 semester.
- You must have completed a minimum of 6 units in the Fall 2014 semester and be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units during the Spring 2015 semester.
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- To be considered for an ASIVC scholarship, you must purchase an ASIVC card.
- Fill in every space. If a question does not apply to you, write “Not Applicable” or “N/A.”
CONTINUING OR TRANSFERRING?
Apply as a CONTINUING student if you plan to return to IVC for the Fall 2015 semester.
Apply as a TRANSFER student if both of the following apply:
- You plan to transfer to a four-year college, or to a program not offered at IVC in which a certificate or degree can be received. You will transfer the following school year and can provide evidence of that transfer.
- You have completed at least 24 units at IVC.
Please note: You may not receive a transferring student scholarship at IVC if you have received one in the past.
Two (2) Letters of Recommendation are required for the IVC Scholarship Program. Please submit via the STARS Application System. IVC faculty members are preferred for recommendations. High school teachers, advisors, and employers are acceptable. Please receive permission from your recommenders prior to submitting their email addresses.
HOW WE EVALUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
- The General Scholarship Committee is responsible for evaluating each year’s scholarship applicants. This committee is comprised of 30 individuals including faculty, staff, administrators and community volunteers.
- General scholarship applicants are evaluated on their application form, recommendation letters and other supporting documents.
- No student is guaranteed a scholarship in this process, as we have many more applicants than available scholarships.
RECEIVING YOUR AWARD
At the end of April, you will receive a letter informing you if you have been selected to receive a scholarship. The scholarship ceremony, at which scholarships are announced and distributed, will be held in May.
- If you are receiving a scholarship, we encourage you to attend the ceremony. Please mark your calendar for this event.
- After the scholarship ceremony, you will receive a letter explaining the next steps for receiving your scholarship(s).
- Ensure that you meet the spring unit and GPA requirements as stated in the General Guidelines section.
- If transferring, provide documentation of acceptance from your transfer institution. The IVC Foundation Office will verify this information, and disbursements will be mailed to the transfer institution.
- Please remember to send a thank-you note to your donor.
Please use the list below to ensure that you have completed and submitted all parts of the application:
- Personal Essay
- Faculty Recommendations (2)
The IVC Scholarship Application can be found below: