Mobile App for Irvine Valley College
- Available now for iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad) and Android! The apps are free!
- Currently we are providing 8 services (but lots more to come):
- Classes - browse and search the class schedule.
- Map - find any building on campus and use GPS to navigate to it.
- News - keep up to date on the latest events on campus.
- Directory - quickly find the email address and phone number of any instructor or staff member.
- Learn - if your instructor is using Blackboard, you can now access your class content and engage in discussions right from your phone!
- Emergency - quickly dial campus police or 911 when you need them.
- Video - view informative and educational videos from the college.
- Contact Us - view a list of frequently called numbers and get a hold of who you want with a single tap.
MySite Mobile now a part of IVC Mobile App!
New MySite Features include:
- News Feed
- Keep up to date with what is happening on campus. Send yourself reminders, give us feedback and add events to your personal calendar with one click.
- My Classes
- See your list of classes, get the details, remind yourself of important deadlines and find your class location on a GPS-enabled map.
- To-Do List
- Add, modify or review your personal tasks. The college will also be putting items in this list to help you succeed.
- My Calendar
- View all of your classes and events in a graphical calendar format. View your calendar by month, day or a list that is sorted by your next class meeting time.
- Campus Map
- Find any building on campus and MySite Mobile will guide you right to it. Tap the pin to see a ground-level view of the building.
- We want to hear your ideas. MySite Mobile is currently in beta and we'll be adding more features in the future.
How to download
In the App Store, you can search for IVC and it will pop right up. You can also use the buttons below to download them into iTunes and then sync with your mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why is it only being released for the iPhone?
This is the first time we have created a mobile service for our students and we wanted to proceed carefully to make sure we get it right. But don't worry - we are already working on native apps for Android and Blackberry. We're also working on a mobile web version that will work on any Internet capable phone.
When will the other versions be available?
We don't have a launch date yet, but we are working hard on getting them done as soon as possible.
What is the difference between these apps and Blackboard Mobile Learn?
Blackboard Mobile Learn is a separate app that gives you the ability to log into our Blackboard server and view your class content, and engage in class discussions. Our college apps provide more general college information, but they also include the Learn module which has the exact functionality of Blackboard Mobile Learn. If you can download our college app, you don't need Blackboard Mobile Learn.
Who do I contact if I have problems, questions or ideas?
You have two options - If you are having technical problems and require immediate assistance a toll-free 7x24 help desk is available to call 1-866-940-8991. If you have questions, comments or ideas you can use our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.