Information on Fees
ALL fees are subject to change. Registration is not complete until all required course fees have been paid.
ENROLLMENT FEE $36 per unit through Spring 2012, $46 per unit effective Summer 2012*, required of all students, with the following exemptions:
- Concurrently enrolled high school students, 9th through 12th grade. Note other fees are not waived through this program.
- Students with the Board of Governors Waiver (BOGW). More information can be obtained through the Financial Aid Office.
- Students with the California Department of Veterans Affairs' Waiver. More information can be obtained through the Bursar's Office.
Note: The enrollment fee is set by the State Legislature. The college will make every effort to inform students if and when the fee changes.
HEALTH FEE $14 per semester for summer session, $18 per semester for fall and spring semesters each, required of all students who enroll in classes held at either Irvine Valley College or Saddleback College, with the following exemptions:
- Students enrolled only in classes held online or off campus at community instructional centers. These students may elect to pay the health fee on a voluntary basis.
- Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings of a bona fide religious sect (Education Code section 76355).*
- Students who are attending the college under an approved apprenticeship training program. (Education Code section 76355).*
*Students must submit proof of exemptions at the time they register.
Note: Health fees are subject to change. More information regarding the health services students are entitled to receive through the health fee program can be obtained through the Health and Wellness Center.
INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS FEE required of all students enrolled in certain courses. Courses may carry a nominal fee for instructional materials provided to students throughout the semester.
PARKING FEE required of all students who park on campus at the following rates:
(Note: Parking permits are sold by Campus Police.)
||BOG Waiver Price|
*ANNUAL PERMITS, available for purchase during the fall semester only, will be valid through August 31, 2012. IVC parking permits are also valid at Saddleback College and ATEP in the same type of parking space.
More information can be found on the Campus Police website.
ASSOCIATED STUDENT BODY (ASB) ACTIVITY STICKER $10/semester
The optional ASB activity sticker provides no-cost entry to campus athletic events; discounted Regal Cinema, AMC Theatre, and theme park tickets; an opportunity to apply for the Associated Students of Irvine Valley College (ASIVC) scholarship awards; and many more benefits. More information can be obtained through the ASIVC Office.
TRANSCRIPT OR ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION FEE information available on the Office of Admissions and Records page.
RETURNED CHECK FEE $20, assessed for each check dishonored by the bank for whatever reason
Note: Once a check is submitted by a student, it is considered to be his or her enrollment confirmation. Placing a stop payment on a check does not in any way cancel the student's financial obligation to the college, nor does it clear an enrollment record.
NONRESIDENT STUDENT FEES assessed in addition to the fees listed above
- Tuition Fee: $179 per unit, required of all nonresident students. The law exempts certain nonresidents from paying the nonresident tuition fee. More information can be obtained through the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Application Processing Fee: $54 per application, required of all International Students. This fee is non-refundable.
- Capital Outlay Fee: $25 per unit, $32 per unit effective Fall 2012, required of all nonresident students in addition to the Tuition Fee.
* Statewide community college enrollment fees are increasing to $46 per unit (CA residents) effective Summer 2012.