Irvine Valley College (IVC) is committed to protecting your privacy and making it more efficient to interact with our website. We recognize your right to know what information is being collected about you and how that information is used, as well as our legal obligations to limit collection and protect what we do collect. You do not have to give us personal information to visit our site. Sometimes we need information to provide services that you request, and this commitment of privacy explains our online information practices.
This policy is consistent with the provisions of the Internet Security and Privacy Act, the Freedom of Information Law, and the Personal Privacy Protection Law. IVC complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) as it pertains to student records.
Please read this Policy carefully, because by using the Site, you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms of this Policy, and consent to the manner in which we may collect, use and disclose the foregoing information. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please do not use the Site.
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any Personal Information you provide will be used. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.
This Policy applies solely to information collected by the Site. It will notify you of the following:
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use Your Information?
- Do We Share Your Information?
- How to Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising
- Does This Policy Apply to Other Websites Linked To Or From the Site?
- Do We Collect Information From Children Under the Age of 13?
- What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information?
What Information Do We Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us — We only have access to and collect personal information (such as your name, date of birth, social security number, credit card number, mailing or billing address, telephone number, or email address, and email preferences (collectively, "Personal Information") that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We are the sole owners of the Personal Information collected on this Site.
- Information Collected by Automated Means — Whenever you use the Site, we, as well as any of our third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect information about how the Site is accessed and used ("Usage Information"). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, how many users visited the Site, and the website you visited immediately before the Site. This statistical data provides us with information about the use of the Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they "click" on. Usage Information helps us to keep the Site fresh and interesting to our visitors and to tailor content to a visitor’s interests. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
- Device Identifiers — In the course of collecting Usage Information we may also collect your IP address, MAC Address or other unique identifier (each a "Device Identifier") for the computer, mobile device, Wi-Fi card, or other technology (collectively, "Device") you use to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers. Our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. When you visit the Sites, we may view your Device Identifier. We use this information to identify repeat visitors to our Site. We also may use this information to send you targeted advertisements and to enhance the Site. We may associate your Device Identifier with your Personal Information.
The technologies used on the Site, including Device Identifiers, to collect Usage Information may include, without limitation:
- Web Beacons —We may also include web beacons (also known as web bugs, Internet tags, pixel tags, tracking pixels and clear GIFs) with the content and ads that we deliver to you, which we will use to collect information regarding your interaction with our content and ads. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed or that an email has been forwarded. In addition, a web beacon allows third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. A web beacon may also tell your browser to get content from another server.
Cookies and web beacons (together, "Site Cookies") may enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site, track user actions/behavior on our Site and track the effectiveness of ads.
Please note that these networks retain the ability to access all information that is stored in their Platforms for purposes of quality assurance and campaign assessment.
If you have any questions regarding advertisements and/or the advertising cookies, you are encouraged to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use two products to analyze activity on our site. We use advertiser tracking technology and/or Google Analytics to understand how users use our site so as to enhance the user experience on our Site. If you wish to opt-out of these tracking technologies, you can go to http://www.reachlocal.com/trackingopt-out, and if you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics, go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
Irvine Valley College welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Irvine Valley College has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Marketing and Creative Services at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.