Irvine Valley's men's tennis team made more history on Thursday in its final match of the regular season.
The Lasers completed an undefeated Orange Empire Conference schedule with a 8-1 win at Orange Coast.
Irvine Valley, which had already wrapped up its first conference ever title, ran its record to 10-0 in conference. The Lasers are 14-2 overall with the only two losses coming to four-year schools ranked in the NAIA.
The Lasers won five of six singles matches and all three doubles contests at Orange Coast.
Freshman Guillermo Ucelay, sophomore Steven Le, sophomore James Lafond, freshman Kevin Pham and freshman Max Rumeau each won in straight sets for the Lasers.
Ucelay won, 6-0, 6-2, at No. 1 singles.
Both Le and Lafond blanked their opponents, 6-0, 6-0.
Irvine Valley's three wins in doubles came from the teams of Pueyo and freshman Simon Guillin, Lafond and freshman Thomas Gibson and freshmen Eduardo Salbego and Robert Sielmann.
Irvine Valley now waits for the announcement of the Southern California Regional Team Playoff pairings on Sunday.
The Lasers were ranked No. 2 in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association ranking for community colleges in Southern California. College of the Desert was ranked first.
Irvine Valley could host a home playoff match next Tuesday.
1) Guillermo Ucelay (IVC) def. Tokunosuke Takashi (OCC), 6-0, 6-2
2) Ryu Miyake (OCC) def. Simon Guillin (IVC), 7-5, 3-6, 6-2
3) Steven Le (IVC) def. David Nguyen (OCC), 6-0, 6-0
4) James Lafond (IVC) def. Pinoe Chu (OCC), 6-0, 6-0
5) Kevin Pham (IVC) def. Tony Wright (OCC), 6-3, 6-2
6) Max Rumeau (IVC) def. Brian Dao (OCC), 6-4, 6-1
1) Ucelay/Guillin (IVC) def. Takahashi/Miyake (OCC), 8-3
2) Lafond/Thomas Gibson (IVC) def. Ngueyn/Chu (OCC), 8-4
3) Eduardo Salbego/Robert Sielmann (IVC) def. Wright/Dao (OCC), 8-3