Astounding Inventions is an invention fair highlighting handmade inventions by school children from the Irvine and Tustin School Districts in kindergarten through eighth grade. The competition was established to promote student interest and learning in math and science. For more information, contact the IVC Foundation Office at 949/451-5290.
AMAZING DEMONSTRATIONS 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Cal State Long Beach Mobile Science Museum: Learn about science using a hands-on approach.
- Solar Observation: Look through a solar telescope to see sun spots. It's out of this world!
- Make-A-Quake: Experience an earthquake and take it home with you.
- Orange County Water District: "PHun with Water."
- Water Rockets: See rockets in action provided by the IVC Young Engineers Club.
- Optics Institute of Southern California: Make your own spinning color wheel and experience the Telescope Challenge.
- Solar Power: See the Volta Mobile Solar trailer that can produce up to 3500 watts of power.
- Virtual Reality: Experience the really cool technology developed by EON Reality.
- Waves: Learn about physics. Human Brain • Here's your chance to see a real human brain!
- 10:15 a.m. –10:45 a.m. Math Magic: Mathematics is the basis of some of the best magic tricks. Come and learn a few secrets.
- 11:00 a.m. –11:30 a.m. Discovery Science Center: Walk in the footsteps of Newton and explore forces and motion.
- Noon – 12:45 p.m. Mad Chemists: See and experience chemistry as never before. You'll say, "WOW"!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Public Viewing of Student Inventions
- Award Ceremony (To help ease overcrowding there are TWO ceremony sessions)
- 1:00 p.m.– Grades K, 1, 2, 3 and Grades 6-8
- 2:15 p.m.– Grades 4 and 5
Please download complete Astounding Inventions information here.
For Sponsorship Opportunities, Click here
to download information.