JA 21 Orientation 2015 Spring
JA21 Orientation Dates: 1/13-1/20 (11AM)
- The orientation modules for JA21 will be made available on Blackboard no later than one week prior to the beginning of the semester (January 13, 2015).
- The time requirement for the orientation module differs by individual students. It depends on their familarity with technologies and academic readiness for online study. If you routinely use common technology products (e.g. Google Drive and DropBox) and have been successful with college courses, you may be able to complete orientation tasks in 1/2 to one hour. If this is the first college class and you are not comfortable with technologies, please set aside up to a few hours to complete all orientation tasks.
- Please complete the first orientation module on Blackboard by 11AM of the first day of the semester (11AM, January 20, 2015). Students who fail to do so by the deadline will be considered a no-show, and may be dropped from the course.
- Registered students will be notified at the IVC email address when the orientation becomes available. Please be sure to check the IVC email regularly. If you are unable to do so, please set your IVC email to forward incoming emails to the address you check regularly.
- Please do NOT wait until the last moment to access Blackboard to work on the orientation tasks. Computers may crash. Blackboard may go down. Your internet provider may have trouble. There may be a power outage. You may have a family emergency, or come down with an illness yourself. All of the above have happened to some of my students before.
- If you are in need of disability accommodations, please send me your DSPS paperwork as soon as possible.
Important Information for Students on Wait List
- Please access the wait list via IVC class registration page, and place yourself on the wait list as directed.
- Students often drop classes even before the semester starts. Immediately follow directions if a space opens up for you.
- A week or two before the first day of semester, add codes will be issued to the first ten students on the wait list. Additional add codes may be issued shortly after 11AM on the first day of the semester, depending on the number of no-shows.
- The add code will be sent to you via IVC email (if you get in).
- The course will NOT become available to you as soon as you enroll. It will take a few hours, usually overnight, for the course to appear in your Blackboard account. Please contact tech support if you experience any problems.
- The add code will expire in two working days. If you do not use it in time, your spot may be given to somebody else.
- There will be no extension for due dates if you do not promptly use your add code to enroll.
- If you have special circumstances that do not allow you to register in time, please email me with the subject line "JA21 Wait Listed Student, APC Expiration Date".