All of my courses (both online and in the classroom) utilize the Blackboard website to enhance the delivery of the course and dissemination of course-related information. You will find a wealth of information related to your class within the Blackboard site, including the Syllabus, PowerPoint handouts, quizzes, and external links that expand and enhance course topics.
The Blackboard website is my primary mode for corresponding with the students when we are not in the classroom. During a semester, there may be times when I have to cancel a class on short notice prior to our scheduled class. I attempt to give my students as much notice as possible, as I know your time could be better spent reading, studying, or working instead of coming to campus to read a sign that states that class is cancelled. While many students actually rejoice at this announcement, wouldn’t it be even better if you could have stayed in bed a little longer or stopped at the coffee shop instead of showing up to a sign on an empty classroom door??
I have tried to solve this problem with the use of Blackboard. As soon as I know a class will be cancelled, I post an announcement on the Blackboard course website and also send out an email to all the registered students in the class. One problem with Blackboard is that it will only recognize IVC issued email addresses. Since most students have an established email address that they regularly use, they rarely check their IVC email account. Well, if you don’t check your IVC email, you will never know that a class has been cancelled, or receive that important announcement related to the class. The most efficient way to solve this problem of not receiving IVC email is to automatically forward your IVC email to your email account that you check on a regular basis.
Below is a quick tutorial on how to forward your IVC email to your favorite email account. Some students have already completed this process either in previous courses or through MySite registration. You only need to complete this process once, unless you change email accounts.
How to Forward your IVC Email.
1. After you sign in to your account through either MySite or directly from Outlook.com, click Options, then click Organize E-Mail, and then click Inbox Rules.
2. On the Inbox Rules tab, click New.
3. Under When the message arrives, select Apply to all messages.
4. Under Do the following, select Redirect the message to.
5. Select the address you want your mail sent to by double-clicking on it in the address book view. If the address you want to redirect to doesn't appear, you can enter the e-mail address in the To field.
6. Click OK to save your selections and return to the new rule window.
Click Save to save your rule and return to the Inbox Rules tab.
That’s it. You should be all set to receive all of your IVC email
If you have a problem, please email me at email@example.com