Export/Archive – Import Course
At the end of semester, it is good to backup the content of your course or archive the entire course including students record. Prepare for the next semester, by import the content you backed up into your new semester course.
By exporting a course, you only copy the contents of the course such as assignments, class handouts, presentation, etc.… It is a great option if you want to use the same structure for your future course.
Archiving a course, you copy all contents of the course including the students record.
Both of these options are saved as .zip files and can be stored on your local hard drive or flash drive.
Importing a course, you import the contents you have exported at the end of the previous semester (.zip file) into your new course shell.
Export/Archive Your Course
1. Log on to Blackboard using your Saddleback College account.
2. On My Institution page, locate a course, click on to access.
3. Click the Control Panel to expand the menu.
4. Click on Packages and Utilities
5. Click on Export/Archive Course
6. Click on Export button
7. On #3, select the contents you wish to export.
8. Click Submit.
9. You will get an email, letting you know it is completed.
10. Go back Export/Archive Course; you will see a .zip file.
11. Click on the .zip file link to save the file to your local hard drive or flash drive.
12. Once saved, the exported file must remain unaltered to facilitate a successful importation back into Blackboard course next semester.
13. Repeat the same steps to Archive except for
#6, you select Archive button instead of Export.
Import Your Course
1. Log on to Blackboard
2. On My Institution page, locate course, click on to access.
3. Click on Control Panel to expand the menu.
4. Click on Packages and Utilities.
5. Click on Import Package / View Logs.
6. Click on Import Package button.
7. On #2, click on Browse button.
8. Locate the .zip file that you exported at the end of the previous semester and click open.
9. On #3, checked box the content you wish to import.
10. Click on Submit.
11. You will get a confirmation email when the import process is completed. Be patient, DO NOT performs the import process again. Check with us if there is no content after at least 1 hour.