Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) event
- Sponsored by Irvine Valley College and Orange County United Way
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- BSTIC building - Business Sciences Technology and Innovation Center
- To register or obtain more information: (888) 434-8248
- For information on campus, call the School of Business Sciences 949-451-5310
- Guest speakers will include Michelle Steel, vice chair – 4th District, Board of Equalization, Darin Loughrey, City of Irvine, Connie Stewart, IRS, Sheridan Heidemann, AARP.
- IVC contacts: Professor Don Bradshaw 949-451-5532 or Dean David Gatewood 949-451-5650
- OC United Way contact: Hoda Hessarami, 949-263-6167, HodaH@UnitedWayOC.org
- The VITA program offers free tax help to people who make $58,000 or less. All volunteers are IRS certified.
- Appointments are recommended. 888-434-8248
- VITA volunteers will be at IVC 9 Saturdays during the tax season: Feb. 1, Feb. 8, Feb. 22, Mar. 1, Mar. 8, Mar. 15, Mar. 22, Apr. 5, Apr 12.
- All members of the public are invited to attend the kickoff event, but IVC extends a special invitation to student veterans. Most of students will be eligible for this service.
The Irvine Valley College Marketing, Communications & Broadcast Services Department has made reasonable efforts to provide information that is accurate at the time of this posting.