Irvine Valley's men's tennis team is now just one win away from its first ever perfect Orange Empire Conference season.
The Lasers defeated Fullerton, 7-2, in a conference match on Thursday at Fullerton to improve their record to 13-1 overall and 9-0 in conference.
IVC won five of the six singles matches and two of three matches in doubles.
Irvine Valley won four of the five in singles in straight sets.
Sophomore Steven Le won, 6-0, 6-1, at No. 2 singles, sophomore James Lafond won, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 3 singles, freshman Max Rumeau won, 6-2, 6-0, at the No. 4 position and freshman Eduardo Salbego earned a 6-4, 6-3 victory at the No. 5 position.
The lone three set match on the day was won by IVC freshman Simon Guillin. Guillin pulled out a 6-7, 6-2, 6-1 win over Fullerton's Mathew Molroovey.
In doubles, IVC earned a default at the No. 1 position. The team of freshmen Thomas Gibson and Kevin Pham won, 8-0, at No. 2 doubles.
Fullerton won the No. 3 doubles set, 9-7.
Irvine Valley has next week off for spring break and will play again in its regular season finale at Orange Coast on Apr. 1 at 2 p.m.
1) Simon Guillin (IVC) def. Mathew Molroovey (FC), 6-7, 6-2, 6-1
2) Seven Le (IVC) def. Mecir Ureta (FC), 6-0, 6-1
3) James Lafond (IVC) def. Richard Kim (FC), 6-1, 6-2
4) Max Rumeau (IVC) def. D. Garcia (FC), 6-2, 6-0
5) Eduardo Salbego (IVC) def. Jake Altshuler (FC), 6-4, 6-3
6) Billy Nguyen (FC) def. Saumaun Heiat (FC), 6-2, 7-5
1) IVC wins by default
2) Kevin Pham/Thomas Gibson (IVC) def. Nguyen/Kim (FC), 8-0
3) Altshuler/Garcia (FC) def. Salbego/Heiat (IVC), 9-7